Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Almost One

I can't believe it.  It's a few days shy of her 11 month birthday and I'm already getting sad about her first birthday.  This will be her last "month" birthday.  It has gone so fast.  The first three months seemed long, but since then it has just flown by.  I remember my dog's first birthday and everything has just accelerated since then.  I was sad after July 4th because I realized that that was her last "first" holiday (besides Bastille Day).  The last time we could enjoy the fact that it was her first time.  Not that she cares, nor will she remember until about her 4th time, but still.  I can't believe that this will be the only time in my life I get to spend a year alone with a baby with nothing else to do.  Although that hasn't always sat so well with me, it is such a privilege to have gotten to spend just about every waking (and non) moment with her watching this amazing development.

No comments:

Post a Comment