Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sex

I debated whether to write this as aren't I falling into that reveal too much on the Internet problem?  But sex after having a baby is something people should probably share so other people don't think they are weird.  Unless I'm weird, in which case . . . I don't know.  But, lactation hormones are the opposite physically of sex hormones, so at least in my case I'm not quite as excited or ready as I might normally be.  All of that is not to mention the fact that you are incredibly sleep deprived and have a creature on you touching you and sucking out your liquids 24 hours a day. Being touched by someone else and spilling liquids is like the last thing that appeals to me most of the time.  For me often when my husband proposes it (especially when he was on crutches and I was the family galley slave) my first thought is like, "add it to the list." Just put it on the list of chores that I have to perform to keep the household running.  Things are a bit better now as Neko sleeps a teeny bit more, like 5-6 hours in the first bout and nursing is a bit less wet and dramatic.  So this was more a post based on the lowest points, but I thought it was important to share, so people realize they aren't alone if they are less than thrilled with the prospect of sex at times in the first year of having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment