Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nursing past one year

The plan had been to nurse on demand for one year and then just nurse in the morning and evening as long as I can, expecting to about Neko's second birthday.  But, now I'm not sure.  I like never having to worry too much, for example if she doesn't eat much for a day or so or if she only eats O's and maybe doesn't eat vegetables for a few days.  I don't want to give her cow's milk, but don't particularly want to give her too much soy milk or rice milk either.  And nursing is sort of the answer to all of life's problems with a baby, particularly if you need to do something like fly cross country.  So I'm not sure.  There are a lot of people who nurse for two years and I'd like to ask them why, what they found to be the benefit.  I do hate to bare the looks and disgust of everyone as I know I will endure if I'm nursing an 18 month old.  I could always nurse through Christmas, so 15 1/2 months. That would take me through three more flying vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment